WHAT are ARIs and ARIs?
The acronyms acute respiratory diseases (ARI) and acute respiratory viral infections (ARI) for which this medication https://pillintrip.com/medicine/fedac is sometimes used conceal a large group of diseases that mainly affect the upper respiratory tract. To date, 180-200 types of viruses and 40-50 types of bacteria are known to cause acute respiratory infections. Since these diseases are caused by different pathogens and immunity (immunity) is formed for a short time, a person can catch them several times during the year.
HOW does infection occur?
Mostly through airborne droplets when a sick person coughs or sneezes. But in a number of respiratory diseases germs are transmitted through hands, toys and household items. Acute respiratory diseases and acute respiratory viral infections are common in the cold season, which contributes to overcooling (not accidentally these diseases are called colds), vitamin deficiency. The most susceptible to respiratory diseases are children, the elderly and those who have had reduced immunity for various reasons.
HOW does it manifest itself?
The first symptom of acute respiratory infections is nasopharyngitis – runny nose, nasal congestion and frequent sneezing. Once the virus gets on the mucous membranes, it quickly multiplies and virusemia develops, which is accompanied by an increase in body temperature, sore throat, general weakness and loss of appetite. Depending on the type of the virus, symptoms of the disease may be almost nonexistent or cause laryngitis, pharyngitis, rhinitis, tonsillitis, conjunctivitis, etc.
WHY are respiratory diseases dangerous?
By its complications, which may occur at any time after the disease begins. Most often these are otitis (inflammation of the ear), maxillitis (inflammation of the sinuses), tracheitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane of the trachea), pneumonia. To avoid complications from the disease, do not delay the start of treatment, do not wait for it to go away on its own – see a doctor.
If there is a sick person in the house!
– Limit communication with the sick person, it is desirable to care for the sick person by one person, avoid that the patient is looked after by a pregnant woman, if possible – put him in a separate room, the patient should observe bed rest.
– At the first symptoms of the disease call the doctor at home, it is necessary to strictly follow all the doctor’s instructions and take medications, especially antiviral, strictly according to the schedule. It is necessary to take a full course of medications, even if it seems that you are already healthy.
– Use disposable handkerchiefs and masks and throw them away immediately after use.
– You should drink more vitaminized fluids, as well as infusions of cranberries, cowberries, which have antipyretic properties.
– Ventilate the room in cold weather 3-4 times a day for 15-20 minutes. It is necessary to monitor the temperature in the room where the patient is. It should not drop below 20°C. Use synthetic detergents and disinfectants for wet cleaning of rooms according to instructions for use.
– All family members should follow hygienic measures – use masks, wash hands often with soap and disinfectants.
– Closely monitor the patient’s condition so that in case of a possible worsening of the condition you can see a doctor in time and get the necessary treatment.